Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2 for 1


Get two foot long sandwiches and just pay for one? I love it! The Subway on Pacific Avenue allows us to save some money offering two for one foot long sandwiches after 4 pm.

One might ask why they do that, they will be losing a lot of money. However, just take a second and look into Subways situation. Since they use fresh ingredients when customers don't come in they throw it away anyways, so why not give out sandwiches after 4 pm? Furthermore, there is hardly differentiation between Subway and other sandwich places and Subways brand image is not that strong either. It needs to come up with new ideas and promotions to increase profits.

I believe that this promotion is great as it sets new standards. It attracts customers who would otherwise not go to the store. It could increase its sales through higher customer traffic and there is the possibility that customers will go back and eat there more frequently. Just like me. I am not a Subway fan at all. Being on the tennis team for four years and eating Subway sandwiches for lunch nonstop at tournaments definitely got old. My team mates feel me. But this week I have been at the Subway twice already. Once I paid $ 6.30 and once $ 6.97. This is weird but hey, it doesn't stop me from going again and taking advantage of this great promotion. At what other places you just pay $ 3.15 or $ 3.48 per sandwich?

There is however one issue- the advertising of the promotion. I would have never known about it when my friend wouldn't have told me. Hoping for word-of-mouth advertising is not enough. You want to attract more non customers to your stores and there should be proper advertising for it. When I went in the first time there wasn't even a sign for the promotion. Next time I went there was a basic banner. I didn't like it and I think there is bigger public attention needed for this to have a bigger impact.

If the store doesn't have enough money for an ad campaign it should at least hand out flyer's or have posters at the nearby schools like for example UOP and Delta College. Students love to spend less money on food and more on other things.

But since now you all know- you should go and enjoy!


For more information contact Subway Restaurant, 4663 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA. Telephone number: (209) 473- 4744

No comments:

Post a Comment